Thursday, February 10, 2011

One day down..

So where do I begin the magical tale of my first day and a half (about) at "the point" as campus is called. My flight went really well, my ears weren't too happy about it but they got over it pretty quickly. Then a group of us got to wait at the airport for a few hours wich was actually pretty fun. When we got here from the airport we had dinner and got to our rooms. As of now I have 3 roommates (who are all awesome I might add). This morning we got up and had a nice long day of in processing. Then we got our fabulously stylish near runway quality uniforms. After that it was a lecture on various policies and then we got put into our temporary teams called pods. We will get our permanent team assignment next Tuesday. Right now my unit is buffalo (there are three units: buffalo, raven, and moose) and each unit us broken up into 7 teams of 8-12. We also got to go eat at a chinese buffet which was great fun and we got to hang out with our temporary teams. And that pretty much brings us to now. I'm very scared to go shower because of the very scary showers but it must be done! Everyone here is wonderful and the area is be beautiful (see below). Be very jealous.

(ok so I tried to post this last night but it wouldn't let me so I'm going to go ahead and add on to it with todays stuff)

Today my unit got to sit in the auditorium from 9:00am to 5:47pm with about an hour break for lunch. Well I shouldn't say we were just sitting we were also being informed on many important things from safety to sexual harassment. However a day of lectures does not make for a very interesting blog update. After the lectures me and another girl on my temporary team got to make dinner for the rest of our team for the first time (stir fry, a big hit) it was a lot of fun but when you have 7 groups trying to work in limited kitchen space it does get pretty hectic.
I should probably go to bed now it is 10:40 here and PT starts tomorrow at SIX AM! Still having such a great time! Lets hope I have more exciting things to add later in the week.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment