Monday, February 28, 2011

Can't believe it has only been three weeks...

Every day I find myself wondering how time is going by so fast and so slow at the same time. I feel as though I've been here six months though at the same time it feels like I just left home yesterday. I probably couldn't remember everything that happened last week if I tried so I will summarize to the best of my abilities.

The swim meet last weekend was pretty awesome, the kids were adorable and their smiling faces made standing for twelve hours straight in wet flip flops on three hours of sleep tainted by flourescent lighting totally worth it.

We did have Monday off and right now I'm struggling to think of how I spent it....OH sushi with friends...and probably something else...(not kidding when I say last Monday feels like last year).

I fould out my specialty role on Monday as well, right now you guys are reading the blog of Buffalo 2's Media Representative :) What this means is that I will be in charge of getting press releases out and getting media coverage for my team during our "spikes". It seems pretty challenging but it will definitely allow me to utilize some of my schooling on a much more professional level so I couldn't be happier. Tuesday I got the training for this role so it was pretty engaging.

(side note: I took out my lip ring...it was getting to be a pain ((and painful)) to take it out and put it back in every day)

Now what on earth did I do on Wednesday...I honestly have no idea right now; however, I'm sure it was totally engaging and very relevant to the next ten months.

Thursday we got tool training :) :) :) :) It was fun. I got to use table saws and a jack hammer. Everyone feels like a BA with a jack hammer :) We also got a chance to do some team development which was great. I'm an Owl...just in case anybody was wondering.

Friday we went to the University of Deleware for CPR/First Aid training so now I'm all certified in that. (By the way U of D has the most awesome convenience store/cafeteria ever).

Saturday I went to the library to look up ISP's (Independant Service Projects). I was almost successful. Then we went out and I got to see some of my new best friends sing some karaeoke....

Sunday we spent most of the morning traveling to and from the ice cream place near us that just opened. Strawberry Shortcake Sundae's are my new favorite thing.

And that brings us to today. We had a service learning class in the morning followed by some project implementation stuff and a public speaking seminar. Busy Busy Busy!!!

I found out that we're going on our mini-spike to the Mid-Atlantic Robotics competition so more on that after next weekend!

So excited for this adventure to really get started. I love and miss all of you every day <3

Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment